A Little About Me.
I’m Sara, the founder of Beyond Vitality. I guide and support mothers like you to restore your vitality and create healing for your family so that you can take your life back and share the gifts that you are here to put out into the world. With a background in holistic nutrition, functional medicine, and herbalism, as well as 15 years of experience helping women care for their bodies naturally, I weave traditional and indigenous wisdom with evidence-based clinical nutrition and practical holistic healthcare. I am a wife and mother of 2 spirited homeschooled children in a multinational family, blessed with a life shared between cultures - Caribbean, Latin, and Canadian. I would be honoured to serve you to thrive in your health and life, in your unique way.
p.s you can read my professional biography here
I am a Functional Holistic Nutritionist, and foremost, a mother. My philosophy values food as medicine and traditional practices that root back to our ancestors who practiced whole medicine for the whole person.
Sara Ouellette Subero, CNP, (Hons), CFNC
- Functional Holistic Nutritionist
- Vitalist Herbalist
- Holistic Child Educator
- Cellcore Biosciences Practitioner
- Certified Nutritional Practitioners Council of Canada Member
- Wife and Unschooling Mother
- Founder, Beyond Vitality
I am a graduate of The Institute of Holistic Nutrition, from which I hold a diploma with Honours, in Applied Holistic Nutrition. I am trauma-informed, gaining much growth and insight from a tragic event that changed the trajectory of my life. My grief and trauma spurred me to search for answers, as well as to pursue additional education in the areas of mental health, exhaustion/adrenal fatigue, bioresonance, autoimmunity disorders, chronic stealth, and parasite infections, detoxification, functional medicine, epigenetics, ancestral nutrition, and indigenous spirituality. All that said, this is what makes up “my tool kit”.
My life has been touched by trauma and illness, and I have been able to turn it into a life of mental freedom, health, and joy. When human beings experience trauma or severe life stressors, it is not uncommon for their lives and health to unravel. My great passion is bringing healing to those who are experiencing exhaustion and illness catalyzed by a traumatic event or stressful life transition. I help my clients, who include mainly mothers, children, and their families, to find healthy perceptions of themselves and strengthen their relationship with food, and their environment, to restore their vitality, and to live life feeling healthy and whole again.
Professional Experience & Background
- Founder/Owner of Beyond Vitality – holistic health and nutrition website and online programs
- Clinical Practice – seeing clients in a variety of clinical settings as an independent practitioner
- Founder of Beyond Vitality Nature Camp - family-run Caribbean off-grid eco-lodge and retreat
- Former Athlete - elite-level runner and Quadruple Gold Level figure skater with Skate Canada
- Fitness - Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor, and Natural Movement Instructor
- Wife and Mother of 2 spirited homeschooled children
- Creative - author, writer, and speaker
Credentials & Education
- Certified Nutritional Practitioner (CNP) - The Institute of Holistic Nutrition – Honours Diploma – 2010 (intensive, 1-year in-class, full-time program)
- Certified Functional Nutrition Coach (CFNC) - Functional Nutrition Certification with Josh Gitalis – 2020 (1-year program)
- Certified Vitalist Herbalist - The School of Evolutionary Herbalism – 2020 (1-year program)
- Certified Holistic Child Educator - Life Project Method - 2018 (2 months, in-person, full-time, boarding fellowship)
- Certified Nutritional Practitioners Council of Canada Member (CNPCC)
- Applied Human Nutrition – University of Guelph – 2006-2009 (3 years, full-time, on-campus)
Courses and Certified Training
- The Institute of Functional Medicine - Introduction to Functional Medicine and Introduction to Functional Nutrition: Clinical Solutions for Addressing the Underlying Causes of Disease
- Cellcore Biosciences Practitioner Training - Roadmap to Health Training
- Cogence Functional Immunology Course (22 Modules)
- Healthy Kids University with Aviva Romm - Healthy All Year Course (7 weeks)
- Biotherapeutic Drainage Training with Seroyal (14 hours)
- Women’s Hormonal Health Education Intensive with Flo Living
- Group Fitness Instructor Specialist (FIS), Can-Fit-Pro
- Personal Trainer Specialist (PTS), University of Guelph/Can-Fit-Pro
- Ecstatic Business Activation with Avalon Darnesh (12 weeks)
- Project Unwind - Myofascial Unwinding (2-day workshop)
- HeartMath Experience Interactive Program
- Dialectical Living - Intro & Advanced Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (24 weeks)
- Permaculture for Women Course (1-year)
- Primal Vinyasa™ Teacher Training (200 hr)
- Forest School - Level 1 Training
- Reiki - Level I, II, and Master Certification
- Core Strength Vinyasa Training Certification
- Official Zumba Instructor
- CPR & First Aid Certification
My in-class studies include but are not limited to:
Macro and Micronutrients, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Ayurvedic Medicine, Nutritional Symptomatology, Preventative Health Care, The Psychology of Disease, Herbal Medicine, Life Span Nutrition, Environmental Nutrition, Fitness and Sports Nutrition, Comparative Diets, Advanced Nutrition Research, Holistic Food Preparation Nutrition, Nutritional Pathology, Professional Practice
Stay connected with Beyond Vitality!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
I would love the chance to support you further and connect with you on a deeper and more personal level.
I’ll share new offerings, recipes, updated health solutions, and behind-the-scenes snippets…